Hull Incorporated Law Society provides a wide range of services to lawyers in Hull and the surrounding area. In doing so it actively seeks to promote and enhance the interests and profile of the local profession:
- Representation on the Law Society Council and an opportunity to have your say on issues affecting the legal profession on a local, regional and national level.
- A regular and frequent programme of CPD training courses tailored to the needs of local practitioners in all areas of practice.
- Hull Incorporated Law Society training courses FREE to members of the Society.
- Regular social events for members and their staff, including quiz nights and the Annual Dinner/Ball.
- The provision of legal recruitment services focused on the local market.
- Profile raising for the local profession on a wider regional and national level. Liaison with the Law Society on professional issues, including conduct and disciplinary matters.
- Conference facilities available for hire at preferential rates.
Cost of Membership
The membership year is 1 November to 31 October.
(A) Ordinary Membership
- Trainee Solicitors
- Apprentice Solicitors
- Chartered Legal Executives
practising or holding office or appointments within Kingston-upon-Hull or the East Riding of Yorkshire
Membership rates (Ordinary Members within Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire) from 1st November 2023 are as follows:
- Solicitors and chartered legal executives – £85.00 + VAT. per year
- Barristers – £55.00 + VAT. per year
- Trainee solicitors, retired solicitors, retired chartered legal executives and retired barristers – £28.00 + VAT.
(B) Associate Membership
Available to the following, who practice or hold office outside Kingston-upon-Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire:
- Barristers’ pupils
- Legal executives
- Foreign lawyers
- Licensed conveyancers
Associate Membership includes invitations to all events, discounted or free courses and representation of issues that members would like to be raised locally and nationally for example with the Law Society, the Courts and where appropriate, other agencies. Associate Members do not attend or vote at Meetings or contribute to or benefit from the assets of the Society in the event of its being wound up.
Associate Membership rates from 1st November 2023 are as follows:
- Solicitors, Barristers, Licenced Conveyancers and Legal Executives – £75.00 + VAT per year
- Trainee solicitors, Barristers’ Pupils and Paralegals – £25.00 + VAT per year
How to Join
Hull Incorporated Law Society members have the benefits of using all our Member Services, as well as having their details listed in our Member Directory and area of law.
Please complete and submit the Joining Form below to submit your details.