Wilkin Chapman LLP Solicitor
Wilkin Chapman LLP is the largest law firm in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire providing a wide range of legal services to both businesses and individuals. The firm regularly achieves department and individual recommendations in the UK’s leading legal directories and has earned its position at 106 in the top 200 UK law firms.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Beverley office for a Solicitor to join our busy Private Client team. Ideally a full time role, although part time applications will be considered.
The successful candidate will deal with a wide variety of legal advice to a variety of clients including:
- Court of protection
- Trusts and tax planning
This role will suit an experienced private client Solicitor to join this busy department.
An enthusiasm and aptitude for business development is vital. The successful candidate will be responsible for their own caseload under supervision and own fee targets and have the ability to mentor and work in a team.
We are interested to hear from:
- Solicitors 4 years+ PQE
- Ideally possess STEP qualification & membership of Solicitors for Elderly (an advantage but not essential)
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good understanding of personal tax advice in respect of living and post death scenarios.
- Good experience of a range of wills, trusts and probate.
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Ability to business develop and network
- Excellent IT skills
- Time and matter management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, including an ability to work with others
- Ability to adopt a commercial as well as legal approach to client issue
- Access to own transport to enable home visits
Please forward cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org