Head of Residential Conveyancing
We have a vacancy for a qualified Lawyer, who will undertake the role of Head of Residential Conveyancing for the purposes of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme. Applicants for this position must be qualified as a Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer, or FILEX, and have held an unconditional Practising Certificate or Licence since admission. Candidates must also:-
- Be able to demonstrate post-qualification experience, over the last 3 years as a minimum, dealing with residential conveyancing.
- Have the necessary experience and management ability to run an efficient residential conveyancing department.
- Have proven ability to deal competently and effectively with their own caseload of files, including freehold, leasehold, and unregistered titles.
- Have the ability to relate to clients and other professionals in a constructive, co-operative and helpful manner.
- Be able to work effectively and co-operatively within a small team, in particular so as to maintain and promote our pleasant working environment.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain the excellent reputation that the firm has acquired in relation to residential conveyancing, as demonstrated by its many instructions from existing and former clients, and recommendations of new clients to the firm.
- Preferably, have good IT skills including familiarity with MS Office and Laserform, although full secretarial support is provided.
We gained our CQS accreditation just prior to the Government lockdown, leading to admission to many additional Lender Panels. Following the lifting of the lockdown we have experienced a significant increase in the number of conveyancing instructions (already good prior to this) and expect that trend to continue.
The role is office-based and will ideally involve full-time working from 9.00am to 5.00pm, from Monday to Friday. However, applications involving part-time or flexible working hours will be considered, from the right candidate.
The successful candidate will receive:-
- A pleasant and fulfilling working environment within modern offices.
- A competitive basic salary, supplemented by a performance related bonus (paid on 30th June and 31st December).
- Genuine prospects of inclusion (if desired) with others in succession to eventual ownership of the firm on the future retirement of the current Principal.
- Inclusion in a statutory workplace pension, through the Government’s NEST provider.
- 25 days’ paid holiday each year (pro-rata if not full-time working), plus all statutory Bank Holidays.
- All necessary training for CPD purposes or otherwise, paid for by the firm with any expenses also being reimbursed.
This post represents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to significantly progress their career including, should they wish it, the prospect of achieving full partnership status within five years or less.
Applications should be submitted in writing, accompanied by a full CV, either by post or delivery to our offices, or by e-mail to [email protected].
Please note that applications submitted through Recruitment Agencies will not be considered, since the policy of this firm is not to pay Recruitment Agents’ fees. Any potential candidate who is registered with an Agency should therefore apply direct. No Recruitment Agent has been or will be retained to approach potential candidates on our behalf.